A week back, I tried to convert my local account to a Portable Home Directory that synced to the server. The experiment was partially successful, but partially not. So, I reverted back. This process basically meant that I had to delete my local account, and create a new one. This is the key piece to my problem that I’ll get to in a bit.
So basically, once I’d reverted, most things worked. I had some oddities with keychains that I fixed by randomly trying things until it worked. The weirder issue was with iCal.
In iCal, I could add events, and move events, but I couldn’t delete ANYTHING. I’d delete an account from iCal (like my google calendar account), it would go away for about 10 seconds, then come back. If I tried to move an event, it would show up in the new place, but the place where it used to be would still be there (so basically, it would duplicate). I’d delete the duplicate, it would go away for a few moments, then come back. I couldn’t figure it out.