- Direct supervisor of 4-10 Managers and Coordinators
- HR responsibility for over 150 volunteers
- BOLI Employee Supervision Certification, Oct. 2014
- Signing authority for entire event budget ($150,000+)
- Hotel/Event Space Contracting, Event Planning
- Budgeting for department, and future year events
- Organization Bylaws and event policy creation
- 20+ years practical Macintosh support experience (Including Mac OS 8/9, OS X Client, and OS X Server).
- 20+ years of Windows experience (Windows 9x, Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/2008/2012 Server, Windows Vista/7).
- 15+ years of Computer (Desktop/Laptop) Hardware building/troubleshooting/repair.
- 10+ years network design, configuration, troubleshooting, and support.
- 10+ years server design, implementation, and administration experience.
- 5+ years Xsan design, management, administration experience.
- Active Directory and Exchange Administration
- JAMF Casper Administration
- Multi-platform systems integration experience.
- Drupal/Wordpress/Plone setup, management, support, administration, and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) ￼experience
- Extensive MySQL, PHP, Apache administration
- Scripting: Perl, SH, Applescript
- Web: PHP/MySQL
- Audio/Visual Design and Support
- Technical Writing
- Press and Prepress support experience.
• Design, implement, analyze, upgrade and maintain academic and administrative systems, infrastructure and networks that support SOJC strategic initiatives.
• Oversee the support and customer service of IT Operations services within the SOJC (e.g. servers, desktop support, Exchange, networks, printing, security, data management, and programming).
• Serve as project manger for IT Operations and/or university-initiated projects in the SOJC.
• Research and synthesize technical information (e.g., process improvements, policies, best practices, and/or technological purchases) for the IT Director and present formal recommendations to meet current/projected needs.
• Oversee SOJC IT Operations Budget. Purchase employee and lab computers.
• Collaborate with others inside the SOJC, and across campus
• Serve as subject matter expert within the SOJC, and for others across campus.
• Supervise and/or respond to IT Operations issues reported through the SOJC IT Helpdesk and the Ticketing System.
• Manage and support classified IT staff members including their performance and professional development.
- IT Team Lead from Nov 2013 to Nov 2015
- Day to day lead for helpdesk students from December 2013-Present
- Maintained servers and services for approximately 80 FTE faculty/staff/admins, and approximately 2750
students (~60% increase in enrollment since hired)
- Mac OS X Server/Client (10.1+), and Windows client (Win XP/Vista/7) and server (Win 2003/2008)
- Linux administration, and support (primarily RHEL 5/6)
- Creating and maintaining documentation for servers and services for use by rest of IT group, and
documentation to be shared to Faculty/Staff and students
- Software/image deployment, maintenance, and support
- Disaster planning, and recovery
- Hardware maintenance and repair.
- Digital Signage deployment including IPTV backend
- Client and server backup deployment, and management
- Tier 2 and 3 support for all support calls/emails/walk-ups
- Phone, email, and walk-in support for Macintosh (Mac OS 8.x-9.x, Mac OS X 10.0-10.3), PC (Windows/Linux/DOS).
- UNIX/VMS support for campus email and system users.
- Dial-up and LAN support for Campus Internet users.
- Maintained a user-base of 50+ employees using Mac, Windows, and Unix systems.
- Administered several SGI Unix servers, as well as Cisco Systems based network infrastructure.
- Administered and maintained work flow systems for small and large prepress/printing projects.
- Maintained and supported Kodak, Canon, and HP printing systems.
- Phone support for a major network hardware manufacturer covering Ethernet (both desktop and laptop) and Token Ring NICs, Modems, Ethernet Hubs, and Switching Technology.
- Technical Writing and basic Network/PC training.
- Thorough system level maintenance experience, Windows 9x and NT 4.0 registry editing.
- Windows 2000 Pro/Server troubleshooting and support experience. In-depth Mac/PC architecture Knowledge and experience.
- Mac OS 5.x – 9.x support, Mac OS X (BSD/Darwin), Mac OS X Server (BSD/Darwin). Including system administration and support, both over the phone and in person. Also includes networking (expansion, upgrades, and initial design), system upgrades, and corporate integration into windows networks.
- Wired and wireless network design, installation, configuration, and support.
Springfield, Oregon Police Department, Citizens Police Academy #30
- Helped orchestrate and implement merger of Altonimbus Entertainment and its event Kumoricon into a single organization, requiring several major bylaws revisions.
- Held various member (and board) elected positions (Director of Operations, Director of Relations, and Secretary) that planned and oversaw event aspects ranging from organizing guest appearances, to in-house security, of Kumoricon for years 2004-2008, with a budget growing from $20k in 2004 (attendance of approx. 1,250) to nearly $100k in 2008 (attendance of approx. 4,500), in locations such as the Portland Waterfront Marriott, Lloyd Center DoubleTree, and the Hilton Vancouver, Washington. Department size ranged from 3-4 individuals up to 50 managers/coordinators/staff reporting to me.
Board Member. Kumoricon 2007, 2008. Budget/Signing Authority. HR Responsibility for all convention staff/volunteers.
Board Member, Kumoricon 2006. Department of approximately 50 staff, coordinators, and managers responsible for convention registration, logistics, IT, and security.
Kumoricon 2005. Responsible for getting specific VIP to/from convention, to events, meals, etc.
Board Member. Kumoricon, 2004. Staff of approximately 5 guest liaisons. Responsible for coordinating VIP bookings, travel, and lodging. Coordination with Programming for panels, signings, etc.
Bureau of Labor and Industries, 2014
University of Oregon Professional Development, 2015
EDUCAUSE Connect, San Antonio. April 2015.
University of Oregon Professional Development, 2015
- Major: Political Science
- Minor: Chemistry
I got my HAM license (Technician) in July of 2015 with the intent of repairing radios. It has since become an enjoyable hobby, and I look forward to expanding my knowledge of electronics into the often mysterious world of RF.
Computers aren’t just my job, they’re also a hobby. I spend a great deal of time researching new and emerging technologies, experimenting with new software packages, modifying my home network, and providing new services on my home network. My purpose being both for personal interest, as well as being able to use the knowledge gained in my career.
Since 2012 I’ve taken an increased interest in learning electronics, and electronic repair. Repairing things has always been a hobby of mine, and learning more about electronics has only improved my ability to repair things I was previously unable to repair. My home workbench is pretty significant at this point.
In my spare time away from working with computers, I spend a good deal of time researching energy efficiency. My personal website provides real time energy usage for my home, as well as historical data. I frequently post about energy efficiency on my site as well.
I’m a plant buff. I grow orchids, African violets, and carnivorous plants. I have a personal infatuation with Ginkgo biloba, and its cultivars. I have a small (but growing) home garden that usually consumes a good chunk of my summer free time.